--Feature: "Heart of Healing w/Christopher Fischer, ND"--
At least once a day, a patient or two or three ask, “What is the newest best thing to slow the aging process?” The short answer is….Live a healthy life…
So what does it mean to live a healthy life? There are no magic supplements for those of us without disease who want to remain young and vibrant. So what do we do? How do we prevent the deterioration we associate with old age?
- Get regular testing: Blood chemistry, Electrolytes, Mineral levels, Hormone levels, GI profile, Prostate, Cancer Markers, and Stress Test. The sooner you find something, the sooner you can prevent any damages.
- Overhaul the diet. Frequent small portions, balance of the food groups. Organic whenever possible.
- Live a healthy lifestyle. Don’t sit in front of the TV all day. Exercise regularly and add healthy activities like hiking, biking, walking, and swimming etc.
- Supplement only what you need. A good quality multi-vitamin with extra anti-oxidants, Digestive enzymes, and Probiotics.
- Detox, Detox, Detox. Perhaps most important in our toxic world. Respiratory, Digestive, Urinary, and Skin, all need a tune up with each change of season. Herbal Medicines, Hydrotherapy, Fresh Juicing, all help these eliminatory organs protect the body from cell breakdown.
So when the next best thing promises the fountain of youth. Don’t believe it. Youth is not as much a product of age as it is a product of lifestyle. Our bodies carry the sum total of how well or poorly we care for them. So don’t wait for some futuristic miracle that may never come, start now. Create healthy habits now, test regularly, detoxify seasonally, and live a youth-full life no matter what your age.
Christopher Fischer is a Naturopathic Physician and is the President of Natural Health Specialist in East Northport New York. He received his Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine from Bastyr University.
He frequently lectures on Naturopathic Medicine and natural healing, and has been a contributing expert for American Spa Magazine, Creations Magazine, The Northport Observer as well as the Natural Health Show on METRO TV (NY). He is the proud father of two boys and resides in East Northport New York.
For more information see Christopher Fischer's site at www.webndny.com